James (Jim) Usdan is the Executive Partner, Dental Provider Platforms, Physiatry and Physical Therapy at SCALE Healthcare.
– Founded and successfully built a unique PE-backed Dental Service Organization (DSO) that grew very rapidly in terms of number of offices, states of operation, revenues, and EBITDA.
– Turned around a DSO that was $70MM upside down on its balance sheet.
– Founded 3 healthcare companies.
– Led 3 exits from healthcare companies.
– Has held 8 c-suite roles.
– Has held 5 turnaround CEO positions.
– Has been an Operating Partner for 2 private equity funds.
Jim is the former CEO and Founder of Marquee Dental Partners, a private equity backed Dental Service Organization working with high quality dental practices within a 250 mile radius of Nashville, TN.
Previously, Jim was an Operating Partner at FOCUS Search Partners, A Vaco Company for nearly 5 years. Prior to that, Jim was the Chairman and Founding CEO of Dentistry for Children, where he successfully acquired and merged 7 companies into one culture. He has held 5 turnaround CEO positions and achieved great success at NextCare Hospitals, Inc., Castle Dental Centers, Inc. (now Smile Brands), Vision Care Holdings, LLC, Metro One Telecommunications, Inc., and SaferSleep, LLC.
Earlier in his career, Jim led the IPO for RehabCare Group (RHB: NYSE) and was President, CEO and a Board member for nearly 9 years. RHB is the leading outsourcer of hospital based physical medicine and rehabilitation in the USA. He has been the CEO of three publicly traded companies.
Jim is currently on the Board of the Care Foundation of Nashville and Cedar Dental (Orthodontic Centers of Georgia). He has held Board positions at Gentle Dental of South Florida, the School of Public Health at Harvard University, the Center for Wound Healing, Spring & Sprout Dental Management, and Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery. Jim graduated Cum Laude from Harvard College.